Certified Birth Doulas
About our Birth / Labor Doulas
We support births in all Hospitals, Birth Centers, and at Home in Miami Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties. Amazing Births Certified Birth Doulas will go the extra mile to make your birth experience wonderful. Whether you choose a natural or medicated path, our doulas will support you every step of the way in achieving your desired birth. Amazing Births Doulas will:
- Provide a wide range of caring, non-clinical, and highly beneficial techniques that include physical comfort measures and emotional support before, during, and after birth.
- Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor.
- Access helpful information for the expectant, laboring, and postpartum parent/s to assist in their decision making.
- Work in cooperation with physicians, midwives, nurses, and the partners and families of laboring and postpartum women.
- Facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and clinical care providers.
- Recognize that childbirth is a key life experience that the mother will remember all her life. Thus, doulas help nurture and protect the woman’s memory of her birth experience.
Investment – $1,500
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION.
Please include your EDD (estimated due date), birthing location, and your 3 preferred doulas from those listed below.
When should I hire a doula?
We recommend interviewing and hiring a doula anytime after the first trimester or as soon as you know that you’d like to have one. (Early hiring allows for plenty of time to establish a relationship, phone and text support throughout pregnancy, and a clear understanding of your goals).
What if the hospital I am birthing at doesn’t allow doulas?
Do I still need to take a birth class if I hire a doula?
When will my doula join me for labor?
How do I choose a doula?
What’s the difference between a midwife and doula?
A licensed midwife is a professional who provides clinical care to women during pregnancy, birth postpartum, and sometimes provides general gynecological care.
A doula provides non-clinical care for pregnancy, birth, and postpartum in the form of physical support, emotional support, and information.
Want to become a Doula?
Have you ever wanted to help women experience better birth?
Let experienced birth professionals Lorie McCoy and Dr. Vivian Keeler guide you on your path to becoming a knowledgeable and effective doula.